Professor, Provost Emeritus
- 1985 Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Washington State University (WSU)
- 1980 B. S., Agricultural and Managerial Economics, University of California, Davis
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Production Economics and Farm Management
- Natural Resource Economics and Water
- Policy Analysis
- 2018-2020, Senior Advisor to the President, WSU
- 2015-2016, Interim President, WSU
- 2013-2018, Provost, WSU
- 2005- 2013, Dean, College of Agricultural, Human, & Natural Resource Sciences, WSU
- 1995-2005, Professor and Department Head, Agricultural Economics, Kansas State University
- 1985-1995, Assistant, Associate and Full Professor, Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University
- ECONS 350, Farm Management (fall 2021)
- Valentin L, Bernardo DJ, Kastens TL. Testing the Empirical Relationship between Best Management Practice Adoption and Farm Profitability. Review of Agricultural Economics. 2004;26(4):489-504.
- Wu J, Mapp HP, Bernardo DJ. Integrating Economic and Physical Models for Analyzing Water Quality Impacts of Agricultural Policies in the High Plains. Review of Agricultural Economics. 1996;18(3):353-372.
- Coulibaly N, Bernardo DJ, Horn GW. Energy Supplementation Strategies for Wheat Pasture Stocker Cattle under Uncertain Forage Availability. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics. 1996;28(1):172-179
- Teague ML, Bernardo DJ, Mapp HP. Farm-Level Economic Analysis Incorporating Stochastic Environmental Risk Assessment. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 1995;77(1):8-19.
- Teague ML, Bernardo DJ, Mapp HP. Meeting Environmental Goals Efficiently on a Farm-Level Basis. Review of Agricultural Economics. 1995;17(1):37-50.
- Wu, J., Mapp, H. P., & Bernardo, D. J. (1994). A Dynamic Analysis of the Impact of Water Quality Policies on Irrigation Investment and Crop Choice Decisions. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 26(2), 506–525.
- Bernardo, D. J. (1989). A Dynamic Model for Determining Optimal Range Improvement Programs. Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, 14(2), 223–234.
Dr. Daniel J. Bernardo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Hulbert Hall 121E
- Office Phone: (509) 335-1595