Andrew J Cassey
- Cassey, Andrew J. and Ben O. Smith 2014. “Simulating Confidence for the Ellison-Glaeser Index” Journal of Urban Economics 81(1): 85–103.
- Cassey, Andrew J. 2014. “The Location of U.S. States’ Overseas Offices” Review of International Economics 22(2): 310–325.
- Cassey, Andrew J. and Katherine Schmeiser 2013. “The Agglomeration of Exporters By Destination” Annals of Regional Science 51(2): 495–513.
- Cassey, Andrew J. 2012. “California’s Exports and the 2004 Overseas Office Closures”Economic Inquiry, 50(3): 641–651.
- 2008: Ph.D. Economics, University of Minnesota
- 2005: M.A. Economics, University of Minnesota
- 2002: B.S. (summa cum laude) Economics, The Ohio State University.
- School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University
- 2014–present: Associate Professor
- 2008–2014: Assistant Professor and Extension Economist
- Visiting Scholar, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, 2016
- Visiting Scholar, Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, 2010
FIELDS OF INTERESTS
- International Trade
- Industrial Organization
- Regional Economics
- Growth and Development
AWARDS AND GRANTS
- Special Sworn Status, Center for Economic Studies – Seattle RDC, U.S. Census Bureau, 2013–2016, “Understanding Informational Barriers to Trade Using Scope of Exported Products and U.S. State Exporting Promotion Programs”
- Springer Award for Best Paper by early career scholar at WRSA 51st Annual Conference, 2012
- 2011–2013: Washington Community and Economic Development Board “Export Assistance Program” $160,786 with Tom Marsh, subgrant under WSU Small Business Development Center.
- 2007: Walter W. Heller Outstanding Teaching Award, Department of Economics, University of Minnesota.
Last modified June 6, 2016