- Health Economics
- Labor Economics
- Economics of Education
- “The Effects of Merit-Aid Programs on Drinking in College,” with Dusty White, Journal of Health Economics, 44, December 2015, 137-149.
- “Testing for Educational Credit Constraints using Heterogeneity in Individual Time Preferences,” Journal of Labor Economics, 34(2), April 2016.
- “The Incidence of the Healthcare Costs of Smoking,” with Benjamin Schwab, Journal of Health Economics, 30(5), September 2011, 1094-1102.
- “Forward-Thinking Teens: The Effects of College Costs on Adolescent Risky Behavior,” Economics of Education Review, 30(5), October 2011, 813-25.
- “Trends in Income Support,” with John Karl Scholz and Robert Moffitt, in
Changing Poverty, Changing Policies, M. Cancian and S. Danziger (eds.), Russell Sage Foundation, New York: New York, 2009
- “The Two-Body Problem: An Evaluation of University Partner Accommodation Policies with Implications for Retention and Promotion of Women,” with Jill McCluskey, Julie Kmec, and Tori Byington, National Science Foundation Award #HRD-1310049, September 2013, $450,000
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Wisconsin–Madison 2010
- M.S. in Economics, University of Wisconsin–Madison 2007
- B.A. in Economics, Magna cum Laude, Brigham Young University 2004