- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign, 1988.
- M.S., Applied Economics, Montana State University, 1984.
- B.S., Natural Resource Economics, Montana State University, 1982.
- My research program currently focuses on agricultural price performance in local and national markets. It looks at impacts of new information on relative prices, as well as overall price levels. I also am engaged in studying the impact of futures price action on the stability of cash prices.
- Tatiana Drugova, Veronica Pozo, Kynda Curtis, T. Randall Fortenbery. “Organic Wheat Prices and Premium Uncertainty: Can Cross Hedging and Forecasting Play a Role?” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics – forthcoming.
- Jiang, Jingze and T. Randall Fortenbery. “El Nino and La Nina Induced Volatility Spillover Effects in U.S. Soybean and Water Equity Markets,” Applied Economics, 51 (2019), p. 1133-1150. Published online October 2018.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall. “Futures Markets and Hedging,” Routledge Press Handbook of Agricultural Economics, ed. Gail L. Cramer, Krishna P. Paudel, and Andrew Schmitz, 2018.
- Fortenbery, T. Randall. “Futures Market Activity and Impacts on Cash Markets,” Commodity Insights Yearbook 2017, ed. MCX, Securities and Exchange Board of India (2017), p. 13-21.
- Prera, Alejandro, T. Randall Fortenbery, and Thomas L. Marsh. “Risk Management: Potential for U.S. Microbreweries,” Journal of Agribusiness, 35(2) (2017). P. 145-162
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Small Grains Endowed Chair, 2011-present
- Renk Chair in Agribusiness, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Aug 2002
- John S. Donald Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Feb 1996