Gregmar I. Galinato
- Ph.D. Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland, College Park. 2006.
- M.S. Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland, College Park. 2005.
- M.A. Economics, Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada. 2001.
- B.S. Economics, University of the Philippines, Los Baños, Philippines. 1997.
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- Applied Microeconomics
- Development Economics
- 2012-present – Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University
- 2006-2012 – Assistant Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University
- Galinato, G., A. Olanie, and J. Yoder. 2017. “The Trade and Health Effects of Tobacco Regulations.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 42(3): 350-371.
- Galinato, G. and A. Islam. 2017. “The Challenge of Addressing Consumption Pollutants with Fiscal Policy.” Environment and Development Economics. 22: 624-674.
- Batina, R. and G.I. Galinato. 2017. “The Spillover Effects of Good Governance in a Tax Competition Framework with a Negative Environmental Externality.” Environmental and Resource Economics. 67(4): 701–724.
- Skolrud, T. and G.I. Galinato. 2017. “Welfare Implications of the Renewable Fuel Standard with an Integrated Tax Subsidy Policy.” Energy Economics. 62: 291-301.
- Skolrud, T., G.I. Galinato, S.P. Galinato, R. Shumway, and J. Yoder. 2016. “The Role of Federal Renewable Fuel Standards and Market Structure on the Growth of the Cellulosic Biofuel Sector.” Energy Economics. 58: 141-151.
- Chouinard, H., G.I. Galinato, and P. Wandschneider. 2016. “Making Friends to Influence Others: Entry and Contribution Decisions that Affect Social Capital in an Association.” Economic Inquiry. 54(2): 819-834.
- Galinato, G.I. and S. Galinato. 2016. “The Effects of Government Spending on Deforestation Due to Agricultural Land Expansion and CO2 Related Emissions.” Ecological Economics. 122: 43-53.
- Galinato, G.I., T. Nadreau and T. Skolrud. 2015. “Who Pays and Who Benefits from a Revenue Neutral Carbon Tax? The Main Contributors and Beneficiaries from Washington State Initiative 732.” Western Economics Forum. 14(2): 2-14.
- Galinato, G.I., T. Nadreau and T. Skolrud. 2015. “How Does Washington State Initiative 732 Impact the Agriculture and Forestry Sectors?” Western Economics Forum. 14(2):15-25
- Galinato, G.I. and S.P. Galinato. 2013. “The Short-Run and Long-Run Effects of Corruption Control and Political Stability on Forest Cover.” Ecological Economics. 89: 153-161.
- Galinato, G.I. and S.P. Galinato. 2012. “The Effects of Corruption Control, Political Stability and Economic Growth on Deforestation-Induced Carbon Dioxide Emissions.”Environment and Development Economics.17(1): 67-90.
- Galinato, G.I., A. Olanie, S. Uchida and J.K. Yoder. 2011. “Long Term Versus Temporary Certified Emission Reductions in Forest Carbon-Sequestration Programs.” Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 55(4): 537-559.
- López, R., G.I. Galinato, and A. Islam. 2011. “Fiscal Spending and the Environment: Theory and Empirics.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 62(2): 180-198.
- Galinato, G.I. 2011. “Endogenous Property Rights Regimes, Common-Pool Resources and Trade.” Ecological Economics. 70(5): 951-962.
- Galinato, G.I. and S. Uchida. 2011. “The Effect of Temporary Certified Emission Reductions on Forest Rotations and Carbon Supply.” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 59(1): 145-164.
- Galinato, G.I. and S. Uchida. 2010. “Evaluating Temporary Certified Emission Reductions in Reforestation and Afforestation Programs.” Environmental and Resource Economics. 46(1): 111-133.
- Galinato, G.I. and J. Yoder. 2010. “An Integrated Tax-Subsidy Policy for Carbon Emission Reduction.” Resource and Energy Economics. 32(3): 310-326.
- Alberini, A., E. Lichtenberg, G.I. Galinato and D. Mancini. 2008. “Was it Something I Ate? Implementation of the FDA Seafood HACCP Program.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 90(1): 28-41.
- López, R. and G.I. Galinato. 2007. “Should Governments Stop Subsidies to Private Goods? Evidence From Rural Latin America“. Journal of Public Economics. 91: 1071-1094.
- López, R. and G. I. Galinato. 2005. “Trade Policies, Economic Growth, and the Direct Causes of Deforestation.” Land Economics. 81(2): 145-169.
- López, R. and G. I. Galinato. 2005. “Deforestation and Forest-Induced Carbon Dioxide Emissions in Tropical Countries: How Do Governance and Trade Openness Affect the Forest-Income Relationship?” The Journal of Environment & Development. 14: 73-100.
- Skolrud, T. and Galinato, G.I. 2017. “Revenue-Neutral Taxation in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho Given the Renewable Fuel Standard.” Washington State University Extension Technical Bulletin TB40E.
- Galinato, G.I. and T. Skolrud. 2016. “Integrated Tax-Subsidy Policy and the Cellulosic Biofuel Industry in the Pacific Northwest.” Washington State University Extension Technical Bulletin TB37E.
- Galinato, S.P., T. Skolrud, G.I. Galinato, C.R. Shumway and J.K. Yoder. 2016. Impacts of Federal Biofuel Policy and Market Structure on the PNW Cellulosic Ethanol Industry. Washington State University Extension Technical Bulletin TB25E.
- Galinato, G.I., S.P. Galinato, H.H. Chouinard, M.R. Taylor and P.R. Wandschneider. 2011. Agritourism in Washington State: An Industry Profile. Washington State University Extension Manual EM040E.
RECENTLY COMPLETED RESEARCH GRANT
- Effectiveness of a Pacific Northwest Revenue Neutral Carbon Tax in the Context of the Federal Biofuel Policy, USDA‐NIFA AFRI ( Project Director; With Suzette Galinato, Richard Shumway and Jonathan Yoder; 08/2012‐07/2015).
- Galinato, G.I. and Y.A. Hong. “Corruption, Public Spending and Tobacco Use by Adolescents.” Working Paper 2016-9.
- Galinato, G.I., Y. Zhou and B. Cowan. “How a Race to the Bottom Can Make You Fat.” Working Paper 2016-4.
- Skolrud, T. and G. I. Galinato. “Welfare Implications of the Renewable Fuel Standard with a Revenue Neutral Tax.” Working Paper 2015-18.
- Galinato, G. I., T. A. Graciano, and X. Zhao “The Welfare Effects of Opening to Foreign Direct Investment in Polluting Sectors” Working Paper 2015-7.
- Tantihkarnchana, P. and G. Galinato, “The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States,” Working Paper 2014-9.
- Galinato, G. and H. Chouinard, “Strategic Interaction and Institutional Quality Determinants of Environmental Regulations across Select OECD Countries.” Working Paper 2014-7.