Dr. Luckstead’s research program focuses on theoretical and applied policy analysis in international economics and industrial organization with an emphasis in agriculture, immigration and farm labor, agricultural policy analysis, and size distribution.
- International Trade
- Agricultural Policy
- Farm Labor Markets and Immigration
- Industrial Organization
- Applied Econometrics
- Chair, Graduate Studies, School of Economics Sciences, Washington State University, August 2022-present
- Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, 2020-present.
- Associate Professor, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, University of Arkansas, 2018-2020.
- Assistant Professor, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, University of Arkansas, 2013-2018.
- Ph.D., Economics, Washington State University, 2013
- M.S., Applied Economics, University of Idaho, 2008
- B.S., Economics, Mathematics Minor, University of Idaho, 2006
- Jeff Luckstead. Impacts of Bilateral Trade Agreements between the United States and Latin American Countries on Agri-Food Trade. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, forthcoming.
- Jeff Luckstead and Stephen Devadoss. Taste Renaissance, Tax Reform, and Industrial Organization of the Beer Industry. Economic Inquiry, 59(4):1720-1722, 2021
- Jeff Luckstead, Heather A. Snell, L. Lanier Nalley, Rodolfo M. Nayga Jr., and Joshua Sarpaning. A Multi-Country Study on Consumers’ Valuation for Child-Labor Free Chocolate: Implications for Child Labor in Cocoa Production. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, 2021.
- Taylor Wiseman, Jeff Luckstead, and Alvaro Durand-Morat. Asymmetric Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Southeast Asian Rice Trade. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 53(3): 341-375, 2021.
- Roslina Binti Ali, Jeff Luckstead, Alvaro Durand-Morat, and Eric J. Wailes. The Impacts of Trade and Self-Sufficiency Policies on Heterogeneous Rice Farms in Malaysia. Review of Development Economics, 23(4):1659-1973, 2019.
- Jeff Luckstead, Francis Tsiboe, and Lawton L Nalley. Estimating the economic incentives necessary for eliminating child labor in Ghanaian cocoa production. PLOS One, 14(6):e0217230, 2019.
- Stephen Devadoss, Jeff Luckstead, and William Ridley. A Dynamic Analysis of the Impacts of Export Taxes: The case of Argentinean Soy and Beef markets. The World Economy, 42:2427-2451, 2019.
- Jeff Luckstead and Stephen Devadoss. Trade and FDI Liberalization in the Processed Food Market Under CETA. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 44(2): 267-290, 2019.
- Zaura Fadhliani, Jeff Luckstead, and Eric J. Wailes. The Impacts of Multi-Peril Crop Insurance on Indonesian Rice Farmers and Production. Agricultural Economics, 50: 15-26, 2019.
- Ashrafun Nahar, Jeff Luckstead, Eric J. Wailes, and Mohammad Jahangir Alam. An Assessment of the Potential Impact of Climate Change on Rice Farmers and Markets in Bangladesh. Climatic Change, 150:289-304, 2018.
- Stephen Devadoss and Jeff Luckstead. U.S. Immigration Policies and Dynamics of Cross-Border Workforce in Agriculture. The World Economy, 41(9):2389-2413, 2018.
- Francis Tsiboe, Jeff Luckstead, Lawton L. Nalley, Jennie S. Popp, and Bruce L. Dixon. Market Effects of Farmer Field Schools in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case for Cocoa. Review of Development Economics, 22(4):160-184, 2018.
- Jeff Luckstead. Asymmetric Exchange Rate Pass-Through in U.S. Imports of Cocoa. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 50(3):369-386, 2018.
- Mark J Gibson and Jeff Luckstead. Coupled vs. Decoupled Subsidies with Heterogeneous Firms in General Equilibrium. Journal of Applied Economics, 20(2): 271-282, 2017.
- Jeff Luckstead and Stephen Devadoss. Pareto tails and lognormal body of US cities size distribution. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 465 (Supplement C):573-578, 2017.
- Jeff Luckstead and Stephen Devadoss. Impacts of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership on Processed Food Trade under Monopolistic Competition and Firm Heterogeneity. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 98(5): 1389-1402, 2016.
- Stephen Devadoss, Mark J. Gibson, and Jeff Luckstead. The Impact of Agricultural Subsidies on the Corn Market with Farm Heterogeneity and Endogenous Entry and Exit. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 41(3):499-517, 2016.
- Jeff Luckstead, Stephen Devadoss, and Ron Mittelhammer. Imperfect Competition between Florida and Sao Paulo (Brazil) Orange Juice Producers in the U.S. and European Markets. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 40(1):164-178, 2015.
- Stephen Devadoss and Jeff Luckstead. Growth process of US small cities. Economics Letters, 135:12-14, 2015.
- Jeff Luckstead and Stephen Devadoss. A Comparison of City Size Distributions for China and India from 1950 to 2010. Economics Letters, 124(2):290-295, 2014.
- Jeff Luckstead and Stephen Devadoss. Do the world’s largest cities follow Zipf’s and Gibrat’s laws? Economics Letters, 125(2):182-186, 2014.
- Stephen Devadoss and Jeff Luckstead. Implications of Immigration Policies for the US Farm Sector and Workforce. Economic Inquiry, 49(3):857-875, 2011.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Hulbert Hall103E
- Office Phone: (509) 335-1940