FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Development Economics
- Behavioral Economics
- Field Experiments
- Global Health
- Ph.D. Economics, University of California, San Diego 2017
- M.A. Economics, University of California, San Diego, 2014
- B.Sc. International Economics, Georgetown University, Walsh School of Foreign Service, 2006 – Magna Cum Laude
- “Leadership and Gender Discrimination: Experimental Evidence from Ethiopia,” with Shibiru Ayalew and Ketki Sheth.
- “Health Certification in the Market for Sex Work: A Field Experiment in Dakar, Senegal.”
- “The effect of HIV prevention products on incentives to supply condomless commercial sex among female sex workers in South Africa,” with Matthew Quaife, Peter Vickerman, Robyn Eakle, Maria A. Cabrera-Escobar, Sinead Delany-Moretlwe, and Fern Terris-Prestholt. Revise and Resubmit.
- “Conflict and Risky Health Behavior: Evidence from Mexico’s Drug War.” Submitted.
- Arredondo J, Gaines T, Manian S et al. (2018). The law on the streets: Evaluating the impact of Mexico’s drug decriminalization reform on drug possession arrests in Tijuana, Mexico. The International Journal of Drug Policy.
- Padian N, Manian S. (2011). Invited Comment: The concurrency debate: time to put it to rest. The Lancet.
- Padian N, McCoy S, Manian S et al. (2011). Evaluation of Complex, Combination HIV Prevention Programs: Essential Issues. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes.
- Fall 2017: EconS 427 – Economic Development