Thomas L. Marsh
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Washington State University, 1998.
- M.S., Statistics, Washington State University, 1998.
- M.S., Economics, Montana State University, 1991.
- M.S., Mathematics, Montana State University, 1987.
- B.A., Mathematics, Carroll College, 1985.
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Consumer Demand and Modeling Commodity Markets
- Quantitative Methods
- Natural Resource Economics
- Global Health
- Professor, School of Economic Sciences & Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health, Washington State University
- IMPACT Director, School of Economic Sciences, WSU, 2009-2014
- Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, WSU, 2004-2009
- Assistant and Associate Professor, Dept of Agricultural Economics, Kansas State University, 1998-2004.
- Economist, Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Richland, WA, 1991-1997.
- Lecturer, Dept. Mathematics, Mont. State Univ, 1986-1990.
- EconS 511, Econometrics I
- EconS 513–4, Econometrics III & IV
- Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA)
- Western Agricultural Economics Association (WAEA)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Outstanding Published Research Award, Western Agricultural Economics Association (2017)
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (2015)
- Distinguished Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics, WSU (2014)
- Visiting Scholar, Agricultural & Resource Economics, North Carolina State Univ. (2012)
- Elected Member, Washington State Academy of Sciences (2011)
- Visiting Scholar, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (2007)
- Visiting Specialist Program, Department of Agriculture, Australia (2005-2006).
- Young Professionals Award, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (2003)
- Early Career Award, Gamma Sigma Delta, Kansas State University (2001-2002)
- Award for Academic Excellence, Outstanding Dissertation (H.M.), American Agricultural Economics Association (1999)
SELECTED RESEARCH ARTICLES
- Brodhagen, M., J.Goldberger, D. Hayes, D. Inglis, T. Marsh, C. Miles. “Policy Considerations for Limiting Unintended Residual Plastic in Agricultural Soils,” Environmental Science and Policy, Volume 69, March 2017, Pages 81–84.
- Marsh, T.L., J. Yoder, T. Deboch, T. McElwain, G. Palmer. 2016. “Livestock vaccinations translate into increased human capital and school attendance by girls,” Science Advances 14 Dec 2016: Vol. 2, no. 12, e1601410, DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1601410.
- Jiang, J. T.L. Marsh, and P. Tozer. 2015. “Policy Induced Price Volatility Transmission: Linking the U.S. Crude Oil, Corn and Plastic Markets,” Energy Economics (52):217-227.
- Pendell, D. L., T. L. Marsh, K. H. Coble, J.L. Lusk, and S. C. Szmania. “Economic Assessment of Animal Disease Releases: The National Bio and Agro Defense Facility,” PLOS ONE. June 26, 2015, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0129134
- Dong, F., T. L. Marsh, and K. Stiegert. “State Trading Enterprises in a Differentiated Environment: The Case of Global Malting Barley Markets.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 88(1), (February 2006):90-103.
- Garrett, T. A., T. L. Marsh, and M.I. Marshall. “Political Allocation of Agriculture Disaster Payments in the 1990s.” International Review of Law and Economics, 26(2), (2006): 143-161.
- Piggott, N. E. and T.L. Marsh. 2004. “Does Food Safety Information Impact US Meat Demand?” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 86 (February):154-174.
- Marsh, T.L., R. G. Huffaker, and G. E. Long. “Optimal Control of Vector-Virus-Plant Interactions: The Case of PLRV Net Necrosis.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2000 (August).