Jill J. McCluskey
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Product quality and Industrial organization
- Consumer preferences for food, technology, and information
- Environmental quality and energy
- Ph.D., 1998, Agricultural and Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
- M.S., 1995, Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley
- M.A., 1993, Economics, Georgetown University
- B.A., 1989, Business Economics and Political Science, UC Santa Barbara
SELECTED CURRENT HONORS, AFFILIATIONS, EDITORIAL & SERVICE POSITIONS
- Fellow, 2018, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (AAEA), formerly American Agricultural Economics Association
- Samuel H. Smith Leadership Award, Association for Faculty Women, WSU, 2018
- President Elect 2014-15, President 2015-16, Past President 2016-17, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association
- Faculty Excellence in Research Award, College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences, WSU, 2016.
- Affiliate faculty, Program in Viticulture and Enology
- Faculty Associate, Robert Mondavi Center for Wine Economics, University of California, Davis, 2009 – present.
- Associate Editor, European Review of Agricultural Economics, 2012-present
- Editorial Board, Journal of Wine Economics, 2006 – present.
CURRENT TEACHING ASSIGNMENTS
- Fall 2017: EconS 594-PhD field course in Industrial Organization
CURRENT DOCTORAL ADVISEES
- PhD expected May 2018: Tony Delmond, Kiana Yektansani
- PhD expected May 2019: Modhurima Amin, Syed Badruddoza, James Miller
- PhD expected May 2020: Afrin Islam, Molla Mursaleen Shiraj, Joshua Tibbitts
- “Advancing the State of the Art for Short and Long Run Fruit and Vegetable Projections,” Economic Research Service, USDA
- “Retail Markets for Organic Food,” Economic Research Service, USDA
- Waldrop, M., J.J. McCluskey, and R.C. Mittelhammer, 2017. “Products with Multiple Certifications: Insights from the U.S. Wine Market,” European Review of Agricultural Economics 44 (4): 658–682.
- McCluskey, J.J., N. Kalaitzandonakes, J.F.M. Swinnen, 2016. “News Media Coverage and Public Perceptions: Insights from New Food Technologies.” Annual Rev. of Resource Econ. 8(1): 467-486.
- McCluskey, J., Swinnen, J. and T. Vandemoortele, 2015. “You Get What You Want: A Note on the Economics of Bad News,” Information Economics and Policy 30:1-5.
- Rickard, B., J.J. McCluskey, and R. Patterson, 2015. “Reputation Tapping,” European Review of Agricultural Economics 42(4): 675-
- Costanigro, M., J.J. McCluskey, and C. Goemans, 2010. “The Economics of Nested Names: Name Specificity, Reputations, and Price Premia,” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 92(5):1339-1350
- Winfree, J.A. and J.J. McCluskey, 2005. “Collective Reputation and Quality.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 87(1): 206-214.
- McCluskey, J.J. and G.C. Rausser, 2003. “Stigmatized Asset Value: Is it Temporary or Long-term?” The Review of Economics and Statistics 85(2): 276-285.