School of Economic Sciences | WSU Faculty
- 1984 PhD, Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
- 1981 MS, Agricultural Economics, Purdue University
- 1978 BA, Economics and Home Economics, Indiana University
- 2017 – Chair, Apparel Merchandising Design and Textiles, WSU
- 2011-2017 – Associate Director, School of Economic Sciences, WSU
- 2007-present – Professor, School of Economic Sciences, WSU
- 2007 – Interim Associate Director, Agricultural Research Center, WSU
- 2004-2007 – Associate Vice President, Associate Vice Provost, Enrollment Services, WSU
- 2000-2004 – Associate Dean, Director, Academic Programs, CAHNRS, WSU
- 1998-2000 – Interim Associate Dean, Director, Academic Programs, CAHNRS, WSU
- 1994-1998 – Associate Director, Agricultural Research Center, CAHNRS, WSU
- 1984-present – Professor, Agricultural Economist 1999; Associate Professor, Associate Agricultural Economist 1990; Assistant Professor, Assistant Agricultural Economist 1984,CAHNRS
- 1978-83 – Research Assistant, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- 1977-78 – Teaching & Research Assistant (Undergraduate) , Department of Foods & Nutrition, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- American Agricultural Economics Association
- Western Agricultural Economics Association
- American Statistics Association
- American Council on Consumer Interests
- Food Distribution Research Society
- Transportation Research Forum
- American Association for Higher Education (previous)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Purdue Woman Scholar of Distinction, March 2017
- Western Agricultural Economics Association Fellow, July 2017
- WSU Sahlin Leadership Award, March 2015.
- Distinguished Agriculture Alum, Purdue University, April 2015.
- Team Interdisciplinary Award, Washington State Biofuels Cropping Systems, College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences, 2014.
- US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Superior Service Award, Study of Rural Transportation Issues Team, 2011.
- Consortium for Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education: Chair 2003-04; Board Member 2001-02
- Administrative Advisor, Regional Research and then Coordinating Committee on Rural Survey Methodology (various names over the years), various years through 2007.
- National Research Initiative: Markets and Trade Panel Manager 2002-04; Panel Member 2000-02; ad-hoc reviewer miscellaneous years.
- Academic Programs Distance Education Committee: Chair 2003-04.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation Collaborative Efforts — Partnership 2020: Project Director 1999-04; Leadership for Institutional Change: Project Co-Convenor 1999-02.
- Experiment Station Committee on Organization and Policy (ESCOP), Academic Committee on Organization and Policy (ACOP) Leadership Development Program: Subcommittee Chair 1997-00.
- Western Association of Agricultural Experiment Station, Extension, and Academic Program Directors, Research Coordination and Implementation Committee: Committee Chair (twice); Member 2000-04.
- Junior Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, CAHNRS 1991.
- R.M. Wade Outstanding Teacher Award, 1991.
- Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi membership, since late 1970s.
- Best Master’s Thesis Award, American Council on Consumer Interest.
- Best Ph.D. Thesis Honorable Mention, American Council on Consumer Interest.
SES Office Location:
Hulbert Hall 301A
Tue., 9:00-10:00 am
or by appointment
(schedule appt by email).
AMDT Office Location:
Johnson Hall Annex C30A