- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Pittsburgh, 2008.
- M.Sc. in Economics (with Honors), University of Barcelona, Spain, 2002.
- B.A. in Economics, University of Barcelona, Spain, 2000.
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Microeconomic Theory, Game Theory and Industrial Organization.
- Public and Environmental Economics.
- Can Mandatory Certification Promote Greenwashing? A Signaling Approach, with Dolores Garrido and Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Forthcoming Journal of Public Economic Theory.
- Campaign Limits and Policy Convergence with Asymmetric Agents, with Eric Dunaway. Public Choice, 2020, 184, pp. 429–461.
- Endogenous Equity Shares in Cournot Competition: Welfare Analysis and Policy, with Kiriti Kanjilal. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 2020, 20(1), 20180085.
- Anticipatory Effects of Taxation in the Commons: When Do Taxes Work, and When Do They Fail?, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Isaac Duah. Ecological Economics, 2019, 166, 106433
- Transboundary Natural Resources, Externalities, and Firm Preferences for Regulation, with Sherzod Akhundjanov. Environmental and Resource Economics, 2019, 73(1), pp. 333–352. (Online appendix.)
- International Coordination of Environmental Policies: Is it Always Worth the Effort?, with J. Bayham and A. Espinola-Arredondo. Environment and Development Economics, 2019, 24(3), pp. 294-316.
- Conservation Procurement Auctions with Bidirectional Externalities, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Pak-Sing Choi. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2018, 92, pp. 559-579.
- Regulation, Free-Riding Incentives, and R&D investment with Spillover with John Strandholm and Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Resource and Energy Economics, 2018, 53, pp. 133-146.
- Information Transmission During the Trial: The Role of Punitive Damages and Legal Costs, with Espinola-Arredondo, A. and P. Tantihkarnchana. Journal of Public Economic Theory, 2018, 20(2), pp. 136-155.
- Non-profit Product Differentiation, with Robert Rosenman. Economics Bulletin, 2017, 37(3), pp. 1415-1420.
- Firm Preferences for Environmental Policy: Industry Uniform or Firm Specific?, with Sherzod Akhundjanov. Strategic Behavior and the Environment, 2016, 6(1-2), pp. 135-180.
- Can Polluting Firms Favor Regulation?, with Sherzod Akhundjanov. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 2016, 16(4), pp. 1-23.
- Profit-Enhancing Environmental Policy: Uninformed Regulation in an Entry-Deterrence Model, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 2016, 50(2), pp. 146-163.
- Can Poorly Informed Regulators Hinder Competition? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Environmental and Resource Economics, 2015, 61(3), pp. 433-61.
- Why do Firms Oppose Entry-Deterring Regulation? Environmental Regulation and Entry Deterrence, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Environment and Development Economics, 2015, 20(2), pp.141-160.
- Cooperation and Signaling with Uncertain Social Preferences, with John Duffy. Theory and Decision, 2015, 78(1), pp. 45-75.
- The Signaling Role of Subsidies, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 2015, 15(1), pp. 157-178.
- The Entry-Deterring Effects of Inflexible Regulation, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Jude Bayham. Canadian Journal of Economics, 2014, 47(1), pp. 298-324.
- Asymmetric Information May Protect the Commons: The Welfare Benefits of Uninformed Regulators, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Economics Letters, 2013, 121(3), pp. 463-67.
- When does Environmental Regulation Facilitate Entry-Deterring Practices? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2013, 65(1), pp. 133-152.
- When do Firms Support Environmental Agreements? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo.Journal of Regulatory Economics, 2012, 41(3), pp. 380-401.
- When Should a Firm Expand its Business? The Signaling Implications of Business Expansion, with Esther Gal-Or and Ana Espinola-Arredondo. International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2011, 29, pp. 729-745.
- Can Incomplete Information lead to Under-Exploitation in the Commons? with Ana Espinola-Arredondo. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2011, 62, pp. 402-403. (Online Appendix).
- Risk Aversion in Auctions with Asymmetrically Informed Bidders: a “Desensitizer” from Uncertainty with Sandra Orozco-Aleman. Economics Letters, 2011, 112, pp. 38-41.
Competition for Status Acquisition in Public Good Games Oxford Economic Papers, March 2011, pp. 1-19. (Online Appendix).
Free-Riding in International Environmental Agreements: A Signaling Approach to Non-Enforceable Treaties, with Ana Espinola-Arredondo, Journal of Theoretical Politics,2011, 23(1), pp. 111-134.
For more on his research, visit my Personal website.
- Common Pool Resources: Strategic Behavior, Inefficiencies, and Incomplete Information, Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Felix Munoz-Garcia. Cambridge University Press. Forthcoming Spring 2021.
- Intermediate Economic Theory: Tools and Step-by-Step Examples, Espinola-Arredondo, A. and F. Munoz-Garcia. The MIT Press, Forthcoming Fall 2020.
- Practice Exercises for Intermediate Economic Theory, Dunaway, E., Strandholm, J., Espinola-Arredondo, A. and F. Munoz-Garcia. The MIT Press, Forthcoming Fall 2020.
- Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples, Felix Munoz-Garcia, The MIT Press, August 2017.
Practice Exercises for Advanced Microeconomic Theory, Felix Munoz-Garcia, The MIT Press, August 2017.
Strategy and Game Theory – Practice Exercises with Answers, Felix Munoz-Garcia and Daniel Toro, Springer-Verlag, August 2016. (Second Edition, June 2019)
Game Theory Applications to Environmental Economics, Ana Espinola-Arredondo and Felix Munoz-Garcia (editors), World Scientific Publishers. October 2016.
- Microeconomic Theory I (Ph.D.) – EconS 501
- Microeconomic Theory II (Ph.D.) – EconS 503
- Strategy and Game Theory – EconS 424
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory – EconS 301
For further information, please visit my Personal website.
- Research Fellowship. Junta de Andalucia, Spain. 2009.
- Research Award from the paper “Last-Chance Sales: What Makes them Credible?” with Heriberto Gonzalez. Ensayos Revista de Economía and Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 2009.
- Research Fellowship. University of Pittsburgh. Department of Economics. 2006-2008.
- Excellence in Teaching Award. University of Pittsburgh/Theta-Phi-Alpha Sorority. Intermediate Microeconomics. 2006.
- Reuben E. Schlesinger Best 2nd year paper Award. University of Pittsburgh. Department of Economics, 2006.