Affiliate Faculty, Paul G. Allen School for Global Animal Health
- Ph.D., Economics, 1999. North Carolina State University
- M.S., Applied Economics, 1994. Montana State University
- B.A. Biology and journalism, 1990. Indiana University
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Environmental and natural resource economics
- Water law and economics
- Energy and the environment
- Wildfire economics
- Health and economic development
- Contract theory and public policy
- Applied econometrics
Selected Current Service Activities
- Washington State Academy of Sciences (elected 2017)
- Editorial Board, Journal of Water Economics and Policy.
- Associate Editor, Journal of Contemporary Water Research and Education.
- Universities Council on Water Resources Board of Directors.
- National Institutes for Water Resources Delegate.
- Marsh, Thomas, Jonathan Yoder, Tesfaye Deboche, Terry McElwain, & Guy Palmer. 2016. Livestock vaccinations translate into increased human capital and school attendance by girls. Science Advances. Winner of the Western Agricultural Economics Association Outstanding Published Research of the Year Award for 2016.
- Yoder, Jonathan, Michael Brady, & Joseph Cook. 2016. Water markets and storage: Substitutes or complements for drought risk mitigation? Water Economics and Policy.
- Skolrud, Tristan, Gregmar Galinato, Suzette Galinato, C. Rirchard Shumway, & Jonathan Yoder. 2016. The Role of Market Structure and Federal Renewable Fuel Standards in the Growth of the Cellulosic Biofuel Sector. Energy Economics.
- Yoder, Jonathan, Adrienne Ohler, & Hayley Chouinard. 2014. “What floats your boat? Preference revelation from lotteries over complex goods.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. Winner of the Western Agricultural Economics Association Outstanding Published Research of the Year Award for 2014.
- Yoder, Jonathan, Jennifer Adam, Michael Brady, Joseph Cook, Stephen Katz, Daniel Brent, Shane Johnston, Keyvan Malek, John McMillan, and Qingqing Yang. 2014. Benefit-Cost Analysis of the Yakima Basin Integrated Plan Projects. State of Washington Water Research Center. December. https://swwrc.wsu.edu/2014ybip. 196.pp. Winner of the Bruce Gardner Memorial Prize for Applied Policy Analysis from the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2016.
- Nziramasanga, M. & J. Yoder. 2013. The check is in the mail: Household characteristics and migrant remittance from the U.S. to Mexico. Applied Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2012. Fuel for the fire: Liability and the economics of wildfire risk. Ch. 3 in Wildfire: Economics, Law & Policy. Taylor & Francis.
- Yoder, J. & Krista Gebert. 2012. An Econometric Model for ex ante prediction of wildfire suppression costs. Journal of Forest Economics.
- Galinato, G. & J. Yoder. 2010. An integrated tax-subsidy policy for carbon emission reduction. Resource and Energy Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2008. “Liability, regulation, and Endogenous Risk: Incidence and Severity of Escaped Prescribed Fires in the United States.” Journal of Law and Economics.
- Yoder, J., Hossain, I., Epplin, F., & Doye, D. 2008. “Contract duration and the division of labor in agricultural land leases,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Chouinard, H. & J. Yoder. 2007. “Repeated Auctions with the Right of First Refusal.”B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics.
- Rucker, R., W. Thurman, & J. Yoder 2005. “Estimating the Speed of Market Reaction to News: Market Events and Lumber Futures Prices.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2004. “Playing with Fire: Endogenous Risk in Resource Management.”American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2002. “Estimating Aggregate Wildlife-Inflicted Crop Damage with Self-Selected Data.” Land Economics 78(1):45–59.
- Yoder, J. 2000. “Wildlife on Private Land: Contracting over Wildlife-Inflicted Property Damage and Abatement.” Dissertation abstract in recognition of Agricultural and Applied Economicsc Association Outstanding Dissertation Award for 1999.