- Ph.D., Economics, 1999. North Carolina State University
- M.S., Applied Economics, 1994. Montana State University
- B.A. Biology and journalism, 1990. Indiana University
FIELDS OF INTEREST
- Environmental and natural resource economics
- Water law and economics
- Wildfire economics
- Health and economic development
- Contract theory and public policy
- Applied econometrics
Selected Current Service Activities
- Associate Editor, Journal of Contemporary Water Research and Education.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Water Economics and Policy.
- University Council on Water Resources, Board of Directors.
- Marsh, Thomas, Jonathan Yoder, Tesfaye Deboche, Terry McElwain, and Guy Palmer. Livestock vaccinations translate into increased human capital and school attendance by girls. Science Advances: 2(12), e1601410. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1601410
- Skolrud, Tristan, Gregmar Galinato, Suzette Galinato, C. Rirchard Shumway, & Jonathan Yoder. 2016. The Role of Market Structure and Federal Renewable Fuel Standards in the Growth of the Cellulosic Biofuel Sector. Energy Economics 58:141-151.
- Yoder, Jonathan, Adrienne Ohler, & Hayley Chouinard. 2014. “What floats your boat? Preference revelation from lotteries over complex goods.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. Volume 67, Issue 3, May 2014, Pages 412–430. Winner of the Western Agricultural Economics Association Outstanding Published Research of the Year Award for 2014.
- Yoder, Jonathan, Jennifer Adam, Michael Brady, Joseph Cook, Stephen Katz, Daniel Brent, Shane Johnston, Keyvan Malek, John McMillan, and Qingqing Yang. 2014. Benefit-Cost Analysis of the Yakima Basin Integrated Plan Projects. State of Washington Water Research Center. December. Available at https://swwrc.wsu.edu/2014ybip. 196.pp. Winner of the Bruce Gardner Memorial Prize for Applied Policy Analysis from the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2016.
- Nziramasanga, M. & J. Yoder. 2013. The check is in the mail: Household characteristics and migrant remittance from the U.S. to Mexico. Applied Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2012. Fuel for the fire: Liability and the economics of wildfire risk. Ch. 3 in Wildfire: Economics, Law & Policy. Taylor & Francis.
- Yoder, J. & Krista Gebert. 2012. An Econometric Model for ex ante prediction of wildfire suppression costs. Journal of Forest Economics . 18(1):76-89
- Galinato, G. & J. Yoder. 2010. An integrated tax-subsidy policy for carbon emission reduction. Resource and Energy Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2008. “Liability, regulation, and Endogenous Risk: Incidence and Severity of Escaped Prescribed Fires in the United States.” Journal of Law and Economics.
- Yoder, J., Hossain, I., Epplin, F., & Doye, D. 2008. “Contract duration and the division of labor in agricultural land leases,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Chouinard, H. & J. Yoder. 2007. “Repeated Auctions with the Right of First Refusal.”B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics.
- Lee, H. & J. Yoder, 2007, “A Bivariate Markov Regime Switching GARCH Approach to Estimate Time Varying Minimum Variance Hedge Ratios,” Applied Economics.
- Rucker, R., W. Thurman, & J. Yoder 2005. “Estimating the Speed of Market Reaction to News: Market Events and Lumber Futures Prices.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2004. “Playing with Fire: Endogenous Risk in Resource Management.”American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoder, J. 2002. “Estimating Aggregate Wildlife-Inflicted Crop Damage with Self-Selected Data.” Land Economics 78(1):45–59.
- Yoder, J. 2000. “Wildlife on Private Land: Contracting over Wildlife-Inflicted Property Damage and Abatement.” Dissertation abstract in recognition of AAEA Outstanding Dissertation Award. American Journal of Agricultural Economics.